Discuss plumbing a house including Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aes_handyman

I am currently re wireing a house and  also re plumbing the water pipes, i am fully aware that i cant connect the gas up but I am competant enough to run the hot\cold water pipes, and the feeed\return to the boiler aswell as the cold feed, as long as he gets a gas safe plumber to do all the gas work is this ok to do i am planning on leaving him 4 pipes under the boiler c|h F\R and cold feed, hot out, my only question is what size pipes should i use under the boiler 22mm or 15?
cheers
jonny
aes handyman

Before you get too far find a gas safe registered installer that is willing to do the work for you and ask his advise.

Before you get too far find a gas safe registered installer that is willing to do the work for you and ask his advise.

I Already have a gas safe engineer who will deal with all the gas pipes and connect it up all he wants me to do is run the cold feed and flow return + hot water pipes to under the boiler dothey need to be in copper so near the boiler and what diameter plz many thanks
Jonny

Depends on the boiler.
not quite sur

e what boiler he has but i i was to get al the water carriening pipes to the boiler location in 15mm if he needs he can put some expanders in to get 22mm init

If you're competent then you'll already know the pipe sizes if you don't then you're incompetent.

Surely if you're on good enough terms with a GSR who is willing to risk their professional status to allow you to do any pipework before the boiler and said GSR will do the last connections to the boiler & all gas work then you are able to contact him or have already spoken to him about pipe sizing?!?

Even my GSR states he does ALL pipe work on any work he does for me & I've known the guy for 20 years! It's not that he doesn't trust me it just ensures he knows 100% he can guarantee all pipe work being sized correctly & in the right place. This doesn't offend me, quite the opposite! He's the one that's put money, time & effort in becoming professional & highly competent GSR so I leave him to it.

Perhaps that's the best advice you can be given, leave it to your GSR!!

You will struggle to get that advice on here mate because we need to make a wage as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbing a house including Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
  • Question
I am undergoing a whole house refurb including new plumbing, boiler, rads etc. I specifically asked for new copper pipes throughout the property...
Replies
Views
Northgan
N
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
I live in an old house in the Yorkshire dales, it is known as a typical dales house, as its one room wide and long over 40m. The house has been...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock