Discuss Polish Plumbers / Heatline Monza / Gregor ABERDEEN in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went about things the wrong way. Hopefully, we are getting our 'new installation sorted' out. But it will never be ideal. We have had a lot of trouble with this boiler. My partner bought it from B & Q (Special Offer). My partner is Polish and I suggested that she had a chat with a Polish man who was in the plumbing section. She asked him to fit the boiler and radiators. He was not qualified. He was incompetent and a poor workman, generally. We complained and had a variety of visits by a variety of people, none of them particularly helpful. Eventually, she got another Polish plumber to fix the boiler. There continued to be problems, due to the poor assembly of the actual boiler. Gregor, fixed the problems and seemed to be competent. However, when my partner wanted the boiler serviced, he broke the boiler, quite possibly deliberately. She then got it fixed by another Polish plumber. Unfortunately, he is on holiday at the moment in Poland. He gave my partner a telephone number to ring, which turned out to be Gregor!

I did not get a very helpful reply from Croppie:

Seriously? You freely admit to having illegal work carried out in your house by an incompetent person who is highly unlikely to be on the gas safe register?

And then ask us to be complicit?

Your best bet is to turn it off then get a registered guy in. Someone who knows what he's doing.

This mistake will be costing you I'm afraid.

When I tried to reply to Croppie to explain my problem and the difficulties we had gone through. Bearing in mind my partner did everything in 'Good Faith'. I found that the thread had been closed. Unfortunately, that was the response that we got from a whole host of people who visited the flat: from the 'men' from Heatline Monza, to the Gas Safe man, and the Health and Safety man.It seemed to be all about money. Nobody was prepared to fix our system. Nobody was prepared to stop the incompetent worker from practising. &hey were all, doing their 'duty' as narrowly defined.In other words, I got the impression that the plumbing trade is poorly regulated and a 'money-making' racket, with poor customer service, workmanship and safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Time and time and time again you tell us you freely use incompetent, unqualified people. Then you try to use the excuse that it was done in good faith? Utter rubbish.

As is your claim that neither H&S nor Gas Safe were interested. Utter, utter rubbish. They would be all over this like a rash.

You've gotten precisely what you deserve now. In fact you are bloody lucky not to be dead.

I was just going to close this thread and kick you out but I'm going to leave the thread open to let you know what other, equally qualified gas engineers think of you.

pics please

There's no good faith about it. You've tried to do it on the cheap and have got caught out by someone who clearly has no clue but no doubt knows they shouldn't be working on gas appliances, just because diy gas might be fine in Poland it's not acceptable here and as many of our signatures on here say 'have a go heroes need not apply'. Have you reported the matter to gas safe??? I doubt it. You are saying about "fixing your system" what you need is the whole boiler being removed and re installed by a qualified guy. I wouldn't install the boiler that you've had installed but if installed correctly and in line with regs it should work properly. I would suggest that it's just going to be an appalling install. You won't get much in the way of sympathy here I'm afraid as this sort of thing happens far too much. You saying that we're a money making racket is laughable. We have to charge a fair price to pay for things such as training and qualification affiliation which clearly your guy doesn't hence him being cheap. With regard to safety we're not the ones that employed a dangerously unqualified person.

Please contact a gas engineer then as they hold the qualifications required to carry out the work. Why employ a plumber when that's a different trade?

Of course it's all about money! What's your job about? Work for free do you?

And none of us like touching other people's shoddy work! Why should we? You'll have to pay to have it removed and re fitted or replaced.

Last edited:
Was he Gas safe registered don't think so only got yourself to blame ,yet again someone looking to get it done on the cheap ?.

Pay peanuts get monkeys

Unfortunately, that was the response that we got from a whole host of people who visited the flat: from the 'men' from Heatline Monza, to the Gas Safe man, and the Health and Safety man.It seemed to be all about money. Nobody was prepared to fix our system. Nobody was prepared to stop the incompetent worker from practising. &hey were all, doing their 'duty' as narrowly defined.In other words, I got the impression that the plumbing trade is poorly regulated and a 'money-making' racket, with poor customer service, workmanship and safety.

And yet Gas Safe regularly publish things like this.

13307252_1312061905479418_408418289293351429_n.jpg

And constantly inform us of successful court cases against illegal fitters, landlords who knowingly employ them and householders who regularly employ them.

So, you want to tell us the truth now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Polish Plumbers / Heatline Monza / Gregor ABERDEEN in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock