Search the forum,

Discuss power shower or pumped shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have been asked to estimate for both. The hot water tank is 110litres and has a big old cwsc. They want it positioned above the bath. The hot water tank is on the other side of the room from the bath so no matter what, some how, I nees to run pipes to this area. Take up the floors, rip out the bath, chase into walls and so on. Or, should I just wack a pump under the bath and come of the hot and cold already there? Not ideal as not separate feeds from tanks to pump. But otherwise, it's quite a big job. All advice muchly appreciated chaps.

Good evening to you all:)

Just how big is the big old cwcs. You may need an extra tank depending on output of shower. Pump in airing cupboard and pipework best you can.

Just how big is the big old cwcs. You may need an extra tank depending on output of shower. Pump in airing cupboard and pipework best you can.

Over 50 gallons. If need extra water, is it not possible to add a couple more ball valves to cistern for it to fill quicker? I will only put a 1.5 bar shower in I thinks

Over 50 gallons. If need extra water, is it not possible to add a couple more ball valves to cistern for it to fill quicker? I will only put a 1.5 bar shower in I thinks
putting 2 fovs on a tank is no good you need to up the size tank most likely, and the pump should have its own dedicated hot & cold supply the hot should have a surrey flange or similar to stop air getting to pump also

There's only 2 people in the house. I would have thought that the cwsc will be big enough. Do you not think so then? What size tanks do people usually put in for a pumped shower? I have installed a few on a 50 gallon and not had any come backs

most pumps say min 80 gallon, i like to make sure if something goes wrong I've always got myself covered! I've seen showers run off 50 gallon tanks before no problem, not telling you what to do, just saying what I do,

Last edited:
Defo bigger tanks and come of cyl or pump will air lock all day long. U can tandem up tanks.

most pumps say min 80 gallon, i like to make sure if something goes wrong I've always got myself covered! I've seen showers run off 50 gallon tanks before no problem, not telling you what to do, just saying what I do,

80 gallons hey. Whoops. Next time I shall read MI'S. I kinda like being told what to do Irish!

Defo bigger tanks and come of cyl or pump will air lock all day long. U can tandem up tanks.

Two for bigger tanks. I am a naughty boy. I believe just adding another tank in tandem will be best. This will cost them about 900 quids for this install. Blimey

Well chaps, I just downloaded the grundfos shower pump app and it says a min of a 50gallon pump. Even for a 3 bar multiple outlet pump. I still take on all ypur advice as ypu lot are a sensible bunch of guys.

It's a pretty good app I think. Has anyone ever installed a grundfos shower pump?

How about just wacking a pump on all hot and colds from in the flat? No extra pipework so a lot cheaper

also chaps, how many Bar do you think you need for an 8inch head? Showers I am talking abot you naughty boys. I cannot find any info on the cassellie showers refering to this

i am going to fit a grundfos Niagara 2 bar pump and was wondering if this will give an ok pressure and flow through the big shower head. i have looked through some other specs of similar showers and they require .5bar. So it will work, but, will it be any good

Fitting a niagra tomorrow. Presume its a 1.5. Fitting an extra shower in and sorting the pipework out.
They have a 50gallon tank and after speaking tothem about an up grade I won't upping the capacity......
Their showers are normal heads. Any larger i.e a drencher id put at least a 3bar in.
I've fitted a multi-jet on a 2bar cheap salamander before bought by customer and it was quite good when all jets were on. Suprised me

Actually, long time ago it could have been 2.5 now I think about it.....

Last edited:
Sorry - supposed to say 'working' on a niagra!

Personally id go for at least a 3bar for an 8"head

Theyre really happy with the pump and pressure. I wouldn't suggest anything other than a brass pump like a sturner though. I aways give them an option.

Last edited:
If pipework off CWSC is installed correctly you shouldn't have any chance of scolding even if a manual mixer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to power shower or pumped shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock