Discuss Press fittings gas mechanical or not in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Hi

I spoke to gas safe today as wanted clarification that it was or was not considered a mechanical fitting using press fittings on gas pipework, the response was that it was to new to call and i would need to speak to the manufacturere, long story short and a lot of call waitiing and i didnt get through , anyone had clarification on this ? aploogies for the spelling.

Same as soldered

So not mechanical

Think your onabout mechanical in regards to compression fittings eg removable and positioning

Yes fine where you can’t get access to

Yes treat the same as soldered

I asked GS too. Their reply:

Press end fittings should be installed following manufactures guidance, if none is available then guidance can be found in British Standard 6891:2015. Within in this standard it make multiply notes that press end fittings should not be buried underground, within walls or within floor screeds etc.

Reply to Press fittings gas mechanical or not in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
We had a Gloworm Energy 7 30r Boiler fitted in Jan 22 to replace a British Gas Boiler (which was a Glowworm Rebranded ) when the heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help with a query. We have recently had a new kitchen installed and are arranging for our freestanding gas cooker...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock