Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure testing 63mm gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have been asked to pressure test and cap of 12metres of 63mm yellow gas pipe that is in a trench. Nothing is connected to either end.

Pressure testing to 10 bar should be fine hey?

It will be buried yes. This is going to be used at a later date so just checking this length is sound and then capping off.

10 bar is what I test all pipework to on new systems

Commercial mut also I would follow fitting instructions/ pipe instructions will state a pressure prob

Last plumber, your post has disappeared it seems?

I have found this info on the pipe but no pressure testing method. This is a new carcass with no joins and nothing attached to either end.

Screenshot_20181217-125604.png

Max pressure so keep under them and you will be fine

Test at like a bar

This is the max gas pressure going into the pipe though isn't it? So I would have thought I would need to test it to more than the 5.5 bar.

No that's the max pressure the pipe is rated to if you go above it could blow the pipe / split

What's your gas working pressure?

Last plumber, your post has disappeared it seems?

I have found this info on the pipe but no pressure testing method. This is a new carcass with no joins and nothing attached to either end.

View attachment 35973

Do you know the MIP and MOP the pipe will be subject to once commissioned?
There are various pressures that PE should be tested to dependant on those pressures. If you can tell me those, I will endeavour to look up the pressure it requires testing at for you if that will help you. They are in table 1 of IGE/UP/1.

No meter, there. Not even a building as of yet. Just a 63mm gas pipe in a trench

Have to talk to the networks then

If the test is only to make sure there's no defects in the pipe 1 bar air should be good enough then later on you can do all your calcs in regards to strength and tt

35mm pipe so no

32mm to 11/4 or 11/2 female iron

11/4 or 11/2 to 35mm comp male iron

Are you commercially reg mut ?

i would say you need to be qualified then

If you are issueint some sort or test certificate I think you should have commercial
If you are just testing for peace of mind, maybe not, who fitted the pipe? Is it to the correct depth? Will it be correctly buried etc?

If you are issueint some sort or test certificate I think you should have commercial
If you are just testing for peace of mind, maybe not, who fitted the pipe? Is it to the correct depth? Will it be correctly buried etc?

No no test certificate needed. Will check depths etc when there. The pipe is sleeved in yellow corrugated pipe.

Reply to Pressure testing 63mm gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock