Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss pressurise an old pottereton kingfisher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alan5151

Hi, I have ?25? yr old Potterton Kingfisher CF80 (?) Mk1 floor standing. Due to loft conversion I need to swap the F&Etank for a pressure vessel. I rang Potterton, but they were "unsure" , muttering about need for overheat stat. (I presume thats different to the TC for the boiler stat ). Is this something that can be retro fitted?...The boilers fine, so I'm resisting fitters who insist I must have a new one! Thanks , Alan

Hi, I have ?25? yr old Potterton Kingfisher CF80 (?) Mk1 floor standing. Due to loft conversion I need to swap the F&Etank for a pressure vessel. I rang Potterton, but they were "unsure" , muttering about need for overheat stat. (I presume thats different to the TC for the boiler stat ). Is this something that can be retro fitted?...The boilers fine, so I'm resisting fitters who insist I must have a new one! Thanks , Alan
it canbe done but as mentioned it must be fitted with a second overheat stat
they used to do kits for many boilers for just this purpose if you can source one you can do it
most boiler manufacturers must still have the relevant info regarding part numbers but will probably not offer them easily
at 26 years old and cf its a very inefficent boiler you have so realy it maybe time to bite the bullet and fit a condensing system or combi stick another two grand on the loan for the loft conversion
if you have to go the new boiler route go for a vaillant or rehema for best chance of longevity

if you change the heating system from vented to sealed you want to make sure it is safe. You must have a pressure release valve usually comes with a kit incorperating an expansion vessel and cold supply.
But you must fit an over heat device which has to be manually reset usually the device knocks out the pilot light so it turns off the boiler and has to be re ignited. a water pressure / flow switch would be good to make sure you have enought system water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pressurise an old pottereton kingfisher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock