Search the forum,

Discuss pricing up for little job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

supper plumb

And it is a small job too!!
Iv been asked to fit a ISO on a electric power shower the 15mm pipe runs up too the loft on too the header tanks???
how do you go about pricing somthing so small?

the part is £2+??????labour=????I DONT KNOW

my plans are to just turn off mains and cut pipe in loft fit ISO with PTFE and paste clean up water back on check iso and sod off..

Minimum charge £45 plus parts, can you turn the water off?

It can be the little jobs that can cause the most grief, I always have a minimum charge, you still have to get to the job use your van, pli, road tax, diesel, van insurance list goes on,

Not in it for the fun of it.

SS is right, don't be afraid to charge decent money even if it is an 'easy job', if they don't like it and expected you to do it for a tenner or something daft then what have you lost - a tenner or so? What have you gained? Self respect.

I agree £45 minimum,but dont know why you use to many materials(paste & ptfe)

Last edited by a moderator:
my plans are to just turn off mains and cut pipe in loft fit ISO with PTFE and paste clean up water back on check iso and sod off..

Forget the PTFE, if compression fittings needed PTFE they'd come with a roll.

You not seen the mass-debates in the past ? Ptfe vs paste vs nothing ! They go on for days !

Re reading this is pipe comes from header tank then its not so simple as just turning off cold mains is it ?

doh. why did u tell him, I was waiting for the how do i get out the attic to get an end cap thread done on his I phone

Just give him an estimate 45 plus parts that's only for the first hour, might take half hour to get to the stopcock and there's no guarantee it'll turn of or you might snap the spindle there's no end of things that could and probably will go wrong

Tell him to go put the kettle on then whack it in live. Walk downstairs drink your coffee and collect yer cash.

No mess i hope :lol:

Tell him to go put the kettle on then whack it in live. Walk downstairs drink your coffee and collect yer cash.

No mess i hope :lol:

If he thinks that isolating the mains and using paste and ptfe is needed is the way to go can you really see him snatching it? :)

Can I watch? Pleeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeee :) :) :)

:biggrin5: got the job at £30 labour pluss parts = happy days

went and done it today all done no paste tho:6:
But its beer money for the evening :8:

Attachments

• erjade 005.jpg
    erjade 005.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 224
nout wrong with that. couple of turns of ptfe on the threads and couple of turns on the olives
only couple of turns if it was belt and braces then PTFE & paste
i was tought you should do 10/12 turns on the threads with tape and a smudge of paste on the jointing side of the olive

i only done 3 turns of PTFE sealed nice and no leaks

How_not_to_fit_an_isolation_valve.jpg

Should be a full bore valve, I agree with earlier post preferably lever valve, full flow none the less.

If I had seen this on a job I'd think diy. PTFE around olives only.

If you were taught ptfe around the thread can you explain the reasoning behind this.

Thats why it was £30 full bore lever valve is a fiver(ish)

nout wrong with that. couple of turns of ptfe on the threads and couple of turns on the olives
only couple of turns if it was belt and braces then PTFE & paste
i was tought you should do 10/12 turns on the threads with tape and a smudge of paste on the jointing side of the olive

i only done 3 turns of PTFE sealed nice and no leaks

You don't want anything on the threads as the threads are only there to assist the squeezing of the olive.
Paste on the olive great!

You shouldn't ever put anything on the threads of a compression joint

Surely the pic i in the wrong place. Shouldn't it be in the hall of shame? Honestly, that's worse than most DIY jobs I see.

You wanna copyright that photo of yours before someone steals it for their own portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pricing up for little job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock