Search the forum,

Discuss Pricing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys consider this to be a fair price? Do you think my time allowance and costing is fair to myself and customer? Any other thoughts?

its a full heating system, new pipework, pipes chased into walls for the drops, changing from gravity hot water to unvented, installing lpg cooker inc changeover valve- allowed £200 to cover materials and time, services into room which will now be a utility, install a power shower which I've allowed £200 to cover time and materials, 1500lbundled oil tank, possibly a new base, oil supply inc fire valve, 13 rads @ £750, 210l unvented hot water, 18/25 worcester system, wireless controls, zone valves, pipe and fittings

ive allowed in my price a week for two @ 150 a day so £2100. All materials are £6k so a price of £8k
i am often registered

i don't expect anyone to price it for me but would appreciate it if anyone who's carried out a similar job to tell me what my price is like as I think sometimes it can let me down when trying to win a decent job.

thanks and have a great day!!

I won't comment on the post above, but I will comment as follows:

In our 2014 labour rate survey, which is already in the public domain, the median hourly rate for Gas work (I appreciate this is oil, but its good comparator) is £40p/h giving a daily rate of £320 based on an 8 hr day. And that was the median - 50% of respondents were dearer than that! Even the bottom decile (lowest 10%) charged £25 per hour, or £200 for an 8 hr day.

And to supply materials without marking them up is charity at best, and a slow train to the bankruptcy court at worst. When you supply materials you are taking on the obligations of the supplier. These obligations cannot be discharged without cost, so you should no more supply materials without a markup than your merchant should.

If you turnover 8K in one week you'll soon be registering for VAT.
If client wants materials at trade price, let them do the buying.

Go do a business course.

And besides that a weeks work is generally 5 days - not 7.

The again, re-read your post.
Don't worry about the business course, just double you labour rate and put 25% markup on your materials, you might still be the cheapest quote - maybe only in the single figure range.

I think you need to sit down and work out your expenses and re think your price,
£150x0.80=£120 after tax less expenses, mine are around £50 a day and I'm not GSR yet
So that'd be £70 wage a day, 8 hour day £8.75 per hour

Does sound cheap. You might get halfway through the job and then regret your quote. Sound advice from Mr Stafford above8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pricing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

V
Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed up waste water. It was less than a meter down and took plumbers less than 1/2 to diagnose I was charged $1560 originally Spoke to plumber to contest...
Replies
Views
Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the water would also constantly drip \ stream water from the overhead rain head. When selecting the rain head the pressure was very reduced and the water...
Replies
Views
Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each apartment for domestic hot water varies greatly in timing and volume. Thus the oil boiler is required to work for long periods which is uneconomical...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock