Discuss prv discharge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopy8888

Gas Engineer
was browsing at my local installers websites came across this pic in their photo gallery, is that prv discharge acceptable ?

1.jpg

Unless you have specific information from Worcester to say this is acceptable(doubtful), then no!
Of top of my head as per standards "should terminate in safe visible position and ran in metallic material".

I would be NCS'ing: flue poorly sealed inner wall. Internal condensate pipework not sealed and leaving advice on PRV.

im thinking sticking a tundish on prv so you've got visable discharge

U can put prv into upvc as long as its can take high temp
I've done it before but used tundish ,hep to o valve and 32mm plastic and just teed prv and condense in together
Would only do this if its difficult to get prv to outside

MI clearly says – the pressure relief drain pipe from the boiler should be at least 15mm copper pipe.

Relevant BS 6798 tells us that the discharge pipe for water or steam from the valve is metallic and falls throughout its length. And the discharge is visible and will not discharge on to the occupants of the premises or on to any electrical components or wiring.
It’s defo a fail to me – NCS.

I know, it’s a long shot but this room could be a sauna… :)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I've read something in the Gas Safe mag recently saying PRV must discharge externally, copper pipe etc.

IIRC it was a technical manager from WB who was making the point that if an unvented can be put into soil via a fanny trap, push fit plastic etc, then surely a PRV should be able to also, but as yet, the regs didn't allow it, and should be updated.

I've come across this before. Many times

Investigated and found in a reg that it is acceptable

I will find it over the weekend and reply next week with an extract of where I found it

my issue is the condensate drain, I prefer it sealed in case of possible trap fail and fume issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to prv discharge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock