Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy T

Hi,

Looking to replace afew rad in my house downstairs.The rooms are carpeted throught.Would it be ok to run the new pipework from below the ceiling joining to excisting pipes rather than riping up the floor boards etc.

Ive got a combi boiler........

Thanks

Andy.

yes you can run the pipe along the wall at ceiling hight,
but if you are replacing existing radiators is the pipe work not already there?
are you planning to remove the ceiling to make connection to the existing pipes??

Forgot to mention it will be for part of my nvq assessment and need to replace excisting old pipe work then run new in.Will be connecting to excisting pipework just below ceiling level........

Andrew..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hi, My step daughter was ripped off by a cowboy builder so I’ve been helping her out and fittted her two radiator. I’ve no idea what is under some of the floors or in the walls but since flushing it all out and starting the combi up she’s been having problems with her heating. She reckons the...
Replies
Views
During November we have to replace a corroded cast soil pipe on the exterior wall of the 1st and 2nd floors of our 1930’s building. Fine. However, it also has a smaller diameter pipe running beside it up the full height. It appears out of the wall, level with the first floor toilet, runs up the...
Replies
Views
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop (with dividing stud partition wall) currently not covered by the central heating. The former is not currently user friendly in winter, and we get by...
Replies
Views
I have had some old radiators replaced. Having checked the btu calculation myself, the new radiator is slightly undersized. It should have been 6150 btus, and the k1 rad that has been fitted (the required width in order to fit the old pipes) is 6025 btus. Output wise the next rad up would be a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock