Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss radiator valve change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ste b

I am thinking about changing all the valves on my radiators (combi system) and wondering what probs may arise,draining down not a problem,the only problem i thinking about is will i be able to swap valves with-out re-newing any pipework? the pipeing is 10mm but i am not sure if it plastic coated copper or just plastic,and if when i take off old valves will new valve fit straight onto new valves without any work on the pipework.

Attachments

• 05022012547.jpg
    05022012547.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 39
i would say that was plastic pipe and it looks like new valves would be a straight swap. just makes sure the rad side connection is the same size as the old ones

should be alright mate. good practice to change the rad valve tails. if you are upgrading to trv's remember don't put one in the room which has room stat

Excellent,is there two different side connection sizes steveb? and am i right in saying if its plastic pipe they have a collet or insert in the end of the pipe,if so does this have to be re-newed?

yes pipe inserts will need to be used. regarding the connections if you replace the rad valve tails as well as the valve (they come with the valve anyway) as is good practice it doesn't matter which size they are because they will obviously match the valve you have bought

Cheers guys,think i will invest in some new valves now and maybe post some more pics with step by step instructions of how i done it..........pretty straight forward then really.......................ohh yeah,are the inserts all plastic? or can you get copper ones?

either plastic or metal will do try to identify which brand of pipe it is if you can as you should where possible match the brand. some inserts are loose/tight when in the wrong pipe. something to bear in mind, oh and avoid the superseal ones with o-rings if its speedfit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to radiator valve change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock