Discuss Re positioning 15mm solderd joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to swing out a 90 15mm copper fitting to fit a new radiator valve (marked 1 in photo).

Can I apply heat to the 90 degree joint to loosen the solder and pull the 15mm pipe
to the correct position so the valve fits the rad?

Attachments

• 2015-05-02 12.21.35.jpg
    2015-05-02 12.21.35.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 96
You can certainly sweat the joint apart yes

You will find for best results,clean around joint with wire wool,add flux and then heat and move,then add a little more solder to outer fitting

I would recommend you drain the system to below that level and then sweat it off carefully without disturbing the tee below it with too much heat.
Then clean the copper pipe end with emery cloth & steel wool or similar (often find fittings not soldered fully & pipe has dirty patches) & use a brand new fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re positioning 15mm solderd joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
Does adaptor exist? Hi, looking to move a rad, the original valves will be hidden behind a bath, so I was wanting to leave original valves in...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and...
Replies
Views
S
I am fitting a new shower valve, it has 1/2 inch compression female in/outlets. I am using a 1/2 in ch to 15mm elbow to get me into my copper...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock