Discuss Regs for internal condensate pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emergencyman

At present Heatsave combi in bathroom with condensate with long run outside in 3/4".

Plan is to connect internally to existing 32mm waste from basin. Bottom of boiler is slightly lower than top of basin.

If I connected under floor boards using a tee and a bung to reduce to 3/4 I could run 3/4" about 6 foot and connect here.

Concern is that might not be to regs as if pipe from sink blocked outside then when basin emptied the boiler could fill up.

Would a T then 32mm to under boiler, HEPVO valve then bung o 3/4" be to regs? Any suggestions please?

Yes with the addition of an air break. If the pipework backs up to the hepvo valve and the boiler keeps condensing it will still back the boiler up without one.

Thanks,

But with an air break (as in a tun dish?), if the basin waste did block outside condensate would then go onto the bathroom floor, causing a leak below?

I doubt it would ever lock up anyhow, just trying to keep BG happy? Is the air break essential?

Concern is that might not be to regs as if pipe from sink blocked outside then when basin emptied the boiler could fill up.

?

You're over thinking this.

The same arguement would apply to any condensate or other waste directly connected to a waste stack downstairs in a house.

If the stack below the condensate blocked and someone emptied a bath the boiler could fill up with bath water and the sink and the washing machine and the dishwasher.

Last edited:
hepvo valves instructions state its not suitable for boiler prv water i think.

hepvo valves instructions state its not suitable for boiler prv water i think.

Hepvo is suitable for unvented if fitted vertically, so I would have thought it ok for boiler, but would need to read up MI to confirm

Hepvo is suitable for unvented if fitted vertically, so I would have thought it ok for boiler, but would need to read up MI to confirm

just done some flats to which we fitted hepvo's on the unvented, we were supprised to read they are not suitable for heating system water. first time we had notcied this on the MI, not sure if its a new statement or not.

seems strange which made us question the sense of it.

Thanks,

But with an air break (as in a tun dish?),

DO NOT use a tundish for boiler condensate. If the boiler is off a while and syphon evaporates, or syphon is blown empty by explosive ignition, fumes will be entering the property, killing the customers and you will be having a holiday at Her Majesty's pleasure and a sore arris!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
¾" Non-Return Valve | McAlpine Plumbing Products

use this main_mcallR28NRV_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, so its straight out of the boiler in 3/4, through the above non return valve and into a tee under the floor?
No Tun dish or air break?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Regs for internal condensate pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock