Discuss Regs for internal condensate pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
At present Heatsave combi in bathroom with condensate with long run outside in 3/4".

Plan is to connect internally to existing 32mm waste from basin. Bottom of boiler is slightly lower than top of basin.

If I connected under floor boards using a tee and a bung to reduce to 3/4 I could run 3/4" about 6 foot and connect here.

Concern is that might not be to regs as if pipe from sink blocked outside then when basin emptied the boiler could fill up.

Would a T then 32mm to under boiler, HEPVO valve then bung o 3/4" be to regs? Any suggestions please?

Heatslave combi?

thats an oily guys ;)

Something doesn't add up here.

EM can you please confirm it's an oil heatslave and tell us how it's mounted on a wall?

Something doesn't add up here.

EM can you please confirm it's an oil heatslave and tell us how it's mounted on a wall?

Moneys on Some madman has put it mounted up in the airing cupboard.

i wish i could joke about that one.....

Ok, Here we go.

Are you trying to tell me that I need to be Gas safe to extend a condensate pipe?

For the record I was Corgi registered for over 10 years but packed in, wishing to focus on other areas of work. I have over 25 years experience, leaving Leeds CB in 1989.

Nowadays I employ a Gas safe engineer part time for any GAS jobs that come my way. " Why didn't you ask him" I her you say. I did, and like you guys on here I got a different answer. I thought I would ask on here to get a definite answer (still struggling, but thanks for all the replies).

Ok, Here we go.

Are you trying to tell me that I need to be Gas safe to extend a condensate pipe?

For the record I was Corgi registered for over 10 years but packed in, wishing to focus on other areas of work. I have over 25 years experience, leaving Leeds CB in 1989.

Nowadays I employ a Gas safe engineer part time for any GAS jobs that come my way. " Why didn't you ask him" I her you say. I did, and like you guys on here I got a different answer. I thought I would ask on here to get a definite answer (still struggling, but thanks for all the replies).

Theoretically if the trap fails then it forms part of the flue..........

M I make no reference to a scenario where the boiler is lower than the basin.

I think (I stand to be corrected) that MI for Worcester Bosch state bottom of boiler soul be 100mm higher, this is what got me thinking.

Theoretically if the trap fails then it forms part of the flue..........

If your saying that you need to be GS to extend a condensate pipe then fair enough, but is the 3/4" overflow pipe classed as part of the flue?

My opinion is that the whole condensate run is part of the flue, but I can see the issue with a plumber complaint that he/she can fit a 4"x 1.25" branch better than "just" a gas engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Regs for internal condensate pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock