Discuss replace thermostatic mixer shower valve (mains pressure unvented system boiler system) in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

With a thermostatic mixer showers, can you replace
the unit, in a mains pressure unvented system boiler
configuration, by just turning the cold mains off
at the stopcock when the water supply enters the
property? Will the hot and cold water stop flowing
if you turn the mains water off?

Yes.

Careful you dont create a vacuum on the hot water though and implode the cylinder. Very unlikely but can happen.

Reply to replace thermostatic mixer shower valve (mains pressure unvented system boiler system) in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was...
Replies
Views
When I turn on the shower or bath, initially the pump runs (quite loudly) and only a trickle comes out. I have to alternate turning on the bath...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock