Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ridge Vent Terminal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JBP Heating

I have a job where the flue has come away from the ridge vent. the bolts look like they have rusted and broken off.

Does anyone know if you can replace the bolts or is it going to mean a new terminal?

Depends on terminal, easier to replace, some times ridge snaps when getting bolts out.

Well it turned out the vent was cracked in 2 places. The flue had a bend straight out of the top of the potterton flamingo. The twin wall was all fitted upside down and there was no vent to outside!

Fitting a new boiler next week.

Well it turned out the vent was cracked in 2 places. The flue had a bend straight out of the top of the potterton flamingo. The twin wall was all fitted upside down and there was no vent to outside!

Fitting a new boiler next week.
best outcome it will be a million times safer be carefull with the flamingo lots of asbestos in them IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ridge Vent Terminal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an...
Replies
Views
I currently undertake a plethora of jobs for a client and they have states that they have an unpleasant smell emanating from their bedroom. On...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi Just took order of the new Glenhill green envirofoam vented copper cylinder. Unfortunately I did not realise the green cylinder in the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys not sure anyone has encountered this before but I have a job where the inside wall has been getting a little damp, there was a step up to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock