Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Rouge landlord in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billybongo

I just want to run something by the forum that seems obvious but !
A friend moved into a rental about a month ago it had all been done up, new showers , baths etc , today she phoned me to say that she had been onto the landlord because the shower tray was backing up (simple enough) he phoned today to say he had someone INSPECT it and it was due to tampons,pads etc and they had to sort it , he allegadly has them (yuk) but the toilet is not blocked , sounds like a scam or am i missing something .:confused:

sounds like a scam or am i missing something .:confused:

Well do'nt know about you but seems your friend is missing half a dozen pads and a box of tampons ;)

Maybe they fell out when she was taking a shower and as she turned round to get the shampoo ,she trampled them through the waste grait and round the trap,easily done :)

He's just tring it on,just shows he has no idea about drains,tell him it was the shower not the w/c,if he persists,ask for them back and do a DNA test on them,you can get one done for around £500,alot cheaper than some of the drainages bills I have seen :)
He should have blamed hair,it may have been believable then

Normal drains should take the items anyway unless of course it goes into a saniflow

But then again maybe it is not the landlord but the plumber/drain guy telling him the porkies to expand the job and gave him a load of pads and tampons from the nearest super store used dispenser :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx for reply puddle it made me laugh and rubber stamped my thoughts , she has asked me to check the runs ( bad turn of phrase) so she can get him to do something , i`ll let you know the out come , for some reason didnt think of unscrupulous plumbers ?? cheers

yes, its always a good idea when clearing blockages to save some toilet paper and tampons in the back of the van in a bucket. when your next customer thinks you are trying it on you just show them the bucket, works on pensioners too.

The shower might be the effect rather than the cause as its the first place a blockage would show being the lowest fixture an all so better be a bit careful!

to maintain the lighter note a plumber I know in Oz was called out to a blocked septic and found it blocked with frangers ... fixed it up went inside and told the guy the story and he says "no way" he says .. "I had a vasectomy 3 year ago"!!!! :)

Are you sure your friend has checked the WC is not connected to a macerator ? if you saw the wc and saniflo was broken (blown fuse) and If its a loft conversion it maybe enclosed behind a stud partition. This happened to me last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello john , its downstairs shower no macerator , i have not had a chance to have a look yet to see wether the waste goes to a stack or seperate to a gully outside , a previous poster said it could be the first sign of a blocked sewer but i would of expected some nasties to come back up if this was the case , but it cant be ruled out cheers mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rouge landlord in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock