Discuss Sealed or vented? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
any plumber worth his salt should come around and do all this for you. and advise on the best system for your circumstances

unvented hot water and sealed heating, ie system boiler, no brainer for me

system boiler and unvented wins hands down i personaly like this type of system.

What do you think, is 10 litres per minute a sufficient mains pressure to use a sealed system, delivering sufficient cold water to 4 showers at the same time and still have a decent pressure and not major temperature changes when the dishwasher kicks in?
Not a chance in hell. Be honest, how many times does the situation arise where all four of you are having a shower?.

stick in at least one electric shower in your house, at least youll have the ability to wash when the boiler breaks down.

The problem here is that there isnt a 'wrong' answer, just various opinions.

I'm fitting two boilers, linked in a very large house.This house is at least 6 bedrooms. It has 5 bathrooms. The system we're linking into was fitted ten years ago...by someone who was obviously very skilled and knowledgeable.

It is a open vented hotwater cylinder, with various flanges cut into it, supplying Stuart Turner pumps to all showers. The cylinder is huge. Then the central heating is a sealed system.

The pipework from the cold water storage tank is in 42mm, maybe bigger I'm going from memory here. Anyway, the system works very well. I was chatting to my work mate about the system and the total cost of all those pumps + the huge copper cylinder meant he could have just as easily had an unvented for less money. However we did realise that the demands on the house (at peak use) may exceed what an unvented can do. The jury is out.

We're bodering on light commercial so it would probably be advisable to speak to a plumber with experience in this field. Oh and if one of the boilers breaks down in the place I'm working on at the mo, then the other boiler could tick things over until it got sorted. We've linked a sequenser in for summer time to alternate the boilers and therefore lower fuel/service costs.

Who ever gets to do the job the OP is after is lucky. Jobs like this are what it's all about for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sealed or vented? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water, so we have the main water tank in the airing cupboard, plus a small pressurised (I think) tank. The...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We're looking to update our existing central heating setup and wanted to get a few more opinions. We currently have an open vented...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock