Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Servowarm elite 21 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shuttlebasher

HI all can anyone plese help i have a servo warm elite boiler i have had to change the water cylinder and have had to alter the pipe work around the pump and the 3 way valve .
I have filled the system and the central heating side is working fine, however when i put just hot water when it starts up there is a banging noise and rattle from the pipes also whilst this was happening i nipped up into the loft and found air was being pushed up into the header tank also felt some hot water the noise stops but the cylinder does not get hot?

what is the best way to remove the air please there are no drain points by the boiler the nearest bleed is just above the 3 way valve but this is just a 15mm pipe with a bleed screw fitted to the top have had some air out of it but not a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
someone else on here has the same problem and its not easy to force the air out if it persists and you cant blled it out the airvent it may be worth trying a reverse fill with mains pressure but this is a 2 man job
and basically get to a drain point and and hook up to main and introduce mains pressure but you need someone in the loft as you could get a flood otherwise

someone else on here has the same problem and its not easy to force the air out if it persists and you cant blled it out the airvent it may be worth trying a reverse fill with mains pressure but this is a 2 man job
and basically get to a drain point and and hook up to main and introduce mains pressure but you need someone in the loft as you could get a flood otherwise

Thanks i will try that there is a drain valve near a tap hopefully it works thanks again

Hi! Shuttle

Newbie1 is right you can do it that way.

The problem is it may happen again as the water heats and gives off its dissolved oxygen.

Hi! Shuttle

Newbie1 is right you can do it that way.

The problem is it may happen again as the water heats and gives off its dissolved oxygen.

Thanks Newbie will i have to just drain it down again or will it mean altering the pipe work

no need to drain if you have drain off outside that would be ideal and outside tap
run outside tap to drain point in secured hose and reverse fill but you must have someone in the loft to warn you to shut of water or you could end up with a much bigger problem of a flood and introduce the water in short bursts mains pressure is not something to take lightly as it can pop a leak quite quickly make sure you get someone who is reliable

no need to drain if you have drain off outside that would be ideal and outside tap
run outside tap to drain point in secured hose and reverse fill but you must have someone in the loft to warn you to shut of water or you could end up with a much bigger problem of a flood and introduce the water in short bursts mains pressure is not something to take lightly as it can pop a leak quite quickly make sure you get someone who is reliable

Thanks Newbie will do just hope it clears the problem and i can then get on and finish the bathroom thanks again for all comments been very helpful

word of caution if using the outside drain off point with a screw in rubber insert introduce water slowly in case it messes up the drain off point..it wont be the end of the world but you would need to heat it remove and resolder a new one on but they are no big problem
one other more drastic if this doesnt work is run a feed across from the mains feed and instal a filling loop to push water into the coil while having the drain off open
the main idea here is to force water in and air out and get to the point where very little bleeding is required and remember to remove the filling loop for the purists out there but very few people do as they have non return valves in them anyway

word of caution if using the outside drain off point with a screw in rubber insert introduce water slowly in case it messes up the drain off point..it wont be the end of the world but you would need to heat it remove and resolder a new one on but they are no big problem
one other more drastic if this doesnt work is run a feed across from the mains feed and instal a filling loop to push water into the coil while having the drain off open
the main idea here is to force water in and air out and get to the point where very little bleeding is required and remember to remove the filling loop for the purists out there but very few people do as they have non return valves in them anyway

will be aware Thanks again at what point do i run a filling loop from the mains feed ?

you could pick it up where the cylinder is as there will be a cold main running up to loft in 15mm
isolate main prob best to use a compression tee then bring pipe over to your flow pipe between 3 port and cylinder and put a 22mm to 15mm tee in and then install filling loop between this tee and the 15mm leg coming off the main and then fill the coil from here after you could either leave the filling loop there or just remove and put a couple of end caps on
i know this is a bit of overkill but just trying to give you a couple of options

again bear in mind the idea isnt to introduce huge pressure to the system so have the drain off outside open as you introduce the water from the loop(again 2 man job)the idea is just to force that air out the drain off
close all the rad off as well to cut down place for the air to collect and then bleed one at a time
patience should cure this problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Servowarm elite 21 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
I have flushed a CH system removed each Rad and removed any residue of black sludge filled the system up and treated with inhibitor. However after...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock