Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Should I Replace Hot-water Cylinder? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a vented hot-water cylinder that was installed when the house was built - 38 years ago! It has a header tank in the loft and the cylinder is located directly above the ceiling of a new and expensive kitchen. It does not leak and causes no obvious problems. Should it be replaced?
Advice appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2858.jpeg
    IMG_2858.jpeg
    467 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2860.jpeg
    IMG_2860.jpeg
    524.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2861.jpeg
    IMG_2861.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 17
Hi It looks fine to me, just wasting money to change it, if there was any issue with it you would see signs of water leakage and there is nothing obvious from the photos.
one question though we're does that 15 mm pipe go that is teed into the 22mm hot water feed at the top of the cylinder?

Reply to Should I Replace Hot-water Cylinder? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock