Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss shower tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasik

I am about to choose a shower tray for a bathroom and I need to know the defrent in hight between all the shower trays available. The bathroom is on the ground floor (concret floor) so the tray need to seat on legs.

Thanks sasik

buy the cheapest descent one you can find to your size required.
jack it up with timber battens on ply and surround it with a skirt.
will look the same as any other for the job even if you spend 5 times the price.

Go to a decent (NOT plumbcentre) plumbers merchant and ask what they stock, they usually have a range of unbranded trays in various sizes. If the floor is concrete and the trap is above the floor you will need a low profile (thin) tray and either get a set of legs for it or build a wooden platform to sit it on. The "thinnest" tray i've used was about 60mm.

Is the best way to fit the tray, on a bed of mixed sand and cement?

And the best way to get at pipe work underneath is with a jack hammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'll soon be installing a SONAS 1500 X 800 resin shower tray in a bathroom that I am renovating. It does not come with any sealant or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I am building a wetroom from scratch, i am a very experienced plumber and bathroom fitter but amazingly have never been asked to do a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock