Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss slim line shower tray onto floorboards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IST

Can anyone tell me the ideal way to secure a slimline shower tray to floorboards in a new upstairs bathroom?

my thoughts were:

-silicon, with small spacers to achieve level
-gripafix
-pink thistle plaster

but i'm not sure which would be most effective; and correct?

any ideas?

Rapidset flexi tile adhesive works nicely. Squirt copious amounts of silicone onto the edges which butt up against the panelling so that it squeezes out and forms an impenetrable barrier. This way if your final bead fails the water cannot get downstairs!

Make sure your backing boards for the shower are NOT plasterboard but the correct water resistant aquapanel.

Don't forget to make sure you have 'correct' fall angle from waste to stack if this is a new tray but lower than previously, or a completely new installation / new location. If it's a direct replacement, and you had no previous problems, this aspect should be ok.

And only use solvent weld waste pipes and NEVER pushfits, especially where you can't see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to slim line shower tray onto floorboards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock