Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss So how many hours do you reckon you worked this week? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only five paid, about twenty five looking for work and 'networking'

Monday 07.00 - 13.00 (Hospital in the afternoon) 6hrs no lunch
Tuesday 07.30 - 17.30 10hrs 1/2hr lunch
Wednesday 07.30 - 17.30 ditto
Today 07.30 - 17.00 9.5hrs 1/2hr lunch
Tomorrow 08.30 - 12.00 approx 3.5hrs no lunch
Saturday 08.30 - Finish (reckon about 15.00) 6.5hrs no lunch

Works out 37.5hrs actual work and then add another 5 or 6 for paperwork. Short week, it's been on average 50hrs plus.

Monday to Wednesday did about 9 hours a day plus went out and looked at ajob last night. Today mucking about sorting quotes out and then fitting an outside shower for a dog this afternoon. Easy day tomorrow, shower swap to price and possible motor home gas service in the afternoon.

I'm leading a volunteer work party at Brede High Woods on Saturday. Possibly got a photo shoot Sunday and then Monday it's my 50th and I'm holding an Easter Egg hunt, fun dog games and barbie to celebrate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

you deffo love your job simon or you dont like going home lol :)

Bit of both at the minute, just keeping on top of everything and finished for my week in the sun in two weeks time. Plus the wife is spending a lot of time looking after her mother so no real rush to get home.

Monday to Wednesday did about 9 hours a day plus went out and looked at ajob last night. Today mucking about sorting quotes out and then fitting an outside shower for a dog this afternoon. Easy day tomorrow, shower swap to price and possible motor home gas service in the afternoon.

I'm leading a volunteer work party at Brede High Woods on Saturday. Possibly got a photo shoot Sunday and then Monday it's my 50th and I'm holding an Easter Egg hunt, fun dog games and barbie to celebrate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Many happy returns, hope you get the weather for the barbie :)

im usually between 8-9 hours a day at the moment on an hourly rate, plus 3 hours total travelling time unpaid, try get away early on a friday but its not always possible lol

Bit of both at the minute, just keeping on top of everything and finished for my week in the sun in two weeks time. Plus the wife is spending a lot of time looking after her mother so no real rush to get home.
yeah, not same when no one there.

Monday 7.00 - 19.30
Tuesday messed around doing a couple of wee jobs for about 3 hrs. Then back in and washed then out seeing jobs. Back in then pricing until about 11 or so.
Wednesday 7.00 till 19.00 then phone calls and pricing until i got fed up around 10.30
Today 7.30 start, easy boiler swap, 4 replacement rads and 1 new df rad. Flew through it, heating back on for 12.30, done and dusted for half 3, back in the house for half 4. Great how fast the boy can go when i tell him if we get it finished he can have tomorrow off :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably about 20 including a bit of paperwork and an hour or so sorting out my adwords/website.
Working out my profit and considering how few hours I've worked this week makes me so happy that I had the kahoonas to quit the desk job I had before I took the plunge as a plumber :)
No manager, no set hours, grateful customers(mostly), brews all day and ciggy breaks whenever I want them. It's a hard job, but someone's got to do it...

I was just about to do a bit tomorrow ,honest but someone just told me its a bank holiday, Pennant Melangell day or something,anyway,promise will try harder next week

So big day tomorrow and Saturday ............ :drummer::drummer: ........ Van sorting day,were all the rubbish comes out and then put back nice and tidy... ish and for the next few weeks ,when I say to a customer ,just poping to van to get 'x',I do just pop and not spend 10mins looking for what ever !:cool4:

ps for ref.. Pennant Melangell is the Patron saint of rabbits...:book:

I don't know:confused: I heard her telling her pals on the phone that she had to get another rabbit and what a blessing it was. I think the dog might have eaten the last one :smile:

I was doing an outside tap with the blinkers on the other day and didn't notice that what my face was about 6 inches from was a rabbit hutch until the thing bolted across the hutch - I nearly ran for my life.

I was doing an outside tap with the blinkers on the other day and didn't notice that what my face was about 6 inches from was a rabbit hutch until the thing bolted across the hutch - I nearly ran for my life.

Lucky you didn't have a hammer in your hand at the time :lol:

Monday 7.00 - 19.30
Tuesday messed around doing a couple of wee jobs for about 3 hrs. Then back in and washed then out seeing jobs. Back in then pricing until about 11 or so.
Wednesday 7.00 till 19.00 then phone calls and pricing until i got fed up around 10.30
Today 7.30 start, easy boiler swap, 4 replacement rads and 1 new df rad. Flew through it, heating back on for 12.30, done and dusted for half 3, back in the house for half 4. Great how fast the boy can go when i tell him if we get it finished he can have tomorrow off :lol:

tam dont come on here telling us how quick you can get jobs done, someone will be calling you a cowboy for getting it done so quick ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So how many hours do you reckon you worked this week? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under...
Replies
Views
Hello I need to replace my Grohe Geotherm shower cubicle mounted control unit. Its around 17 years old but replacements seem to be available The...
Replies
Views
C
I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he...
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
Hi all, I'm really here with the agenda of getting other peoples thoughts on charging deposits. To date I usually charge a third of my labour to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock