Discuss Soil pipe leak - advice appreciated! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've got a customer with a leaking plastic soil pipe. It's outside on a joint into an elbow which goes horizontally into the wall and then the loo. The pipe then runs on a sloping angle into the main soil pipe.

I think my options are:
a)Whack a load of sealant into the joint and see if that stops the leak - bit of a bodge and I'm not sure if it would work.

b) Somehow get the elbow joint out of the wall but it's 4 inches in diameter and a bit of a job. At least that way the job would be done properly.

c) Separate the sloping pipe from the elbow - but it's glued and I think that would be difficult or impossible to remove.

Does anyone have a better suggestion please as I want to do it right!

Cheers all

I spend i bit of time on here to take my mind of my problems, a brain aneurism. I am booked in for an operation in the near future. My concern now being, if my surgeon reads this post, i may wake up with silicon pumping out me ears. Must go now to have a chat with me estate agent.

i would not be supprised on the NHS, my recent hernia op i was told to get dressed and leave because the ward was closing at 6.00 and i had just come around from my general at 5.30.

hope all goes well mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil pipe leak - advice appreciated! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock