Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Solder fittings advice pls in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

When using solder ring fittings is it important to have one end of the pipe open to allow pressure and fumes to escape?

I had a terrible job trying to solder a short section of pipe with an isolation valve closed on each end. It wasn't till I redid the work and opened one end that I could get it to solder successfully.

Was there water in the pipe ?

100% yes as water would of gone to steam and pressurised the pipe need to keep an open end where there’s any water to steam / boil off

Reply to Solder fittings advice pls in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock