Discuss Spanner for monoblock flexis in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaflo-Experts

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone know if there is a special tool or spanner for undoing monoblock tap flexi connectors. These taps have a hollow body where the flexis screw in. Cannot undo by hand as the flexis just twist.
I think I need something like a mini 'L' shaped tap wrench!

Anyone else come across this problem?

Don't you just hate it when a gorilla has tightened stuff that you later need to undo?
I'd cut them back and use whatever I could get in there and replace them, only cost a few quid and you are less likely to get leaks with new ones as the old ones may pass through being squished in there too tightly in the first place.
I've never had a problem hand tightening them, infact I'm pretty sure that's what most of the installation leaflets that you get with taps say.

I would take the whole tap off bringing the flexis out with it then should be able to use a small spanner to get the flexi shiffted and it should just unscrew by hand. But thats me I am sure someone will be along soon with a quicker and simpler solution!
too late!

Last edited:
I'm sure they should only be hand tight, given that most of them now have double 'O' ring seals. The last resort, as JCPlumb suggests is to cut them off and try and undo them with some long nose pliers...

Last edited:
I'm sure they should only be hand tight, given that most of them now have double 'O' ring seals. The last resort, as JCPlumb suggests is to cut them off and try and undo them with some long nose pliers...
if you cut them off you should be able then to use a box spanner to remove them.

Not with tap tails, but sometimes, just for the hell of it, i like to rump things right up and say "i'd hate to be the cxxx who has to take that one off :lol:

Hi,
I too have come across this problem and found a novel approach : bicycle spanners! They are very flat and fit easily into the confined space. Of course, these won't work if the tail heads are recessed into the body of the tap (who "designs" them this way anyway??).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Spanner for monoblock flexis in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am in NSW, AU, trying to replace the washers in some shower taps but have not been able to find a tool to undo the nuts holding the handles...
Replies
Views
I have a seemingly impossible problem. I am not a plumber but I can at least understand some of it. We have just had the Water Board inspector...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been trying to find out how to release the retainer nut on a watersmith (Screwfix) mono bloc basin mixer tap. It does not have a hex nut...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I need to change a washer on a leaking tap in my shower, but I can't figure out how to get the tap out to change it. I can unscrew the...
Replies
Views
I would really like some advice about a problem with a hot water issue. I am a registered plumber and fitted all the heating pipes and hot and...
Replies
Views
Back