Search the forum,

Discuss Spanner for monoblock flexis in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaflo-Experts

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone know if there is a special tool or spanner for undoing monoblock tap flexi connectors. These taps have a hollow body where the flexis screw in. Cannot undo by hand as the flexis just twist.
I think I need something like a mini 'L' shaped tap wrench!

Anyone else come across this problem?

Don't you just hate it when a gorilla has tightened stuff that you later need to undo?
I'd cut them back and use whatever I could get in there and replace them, only cost a few quid and you are less likely to get leaks with new ones as the old ones may pass through being squished in there too tightly in the first place.
I've never had a problem hand tightening them, infact I'm pretty sure that's what most of the installation leaflets that you get with taps say.

I would take the whole tap off bringing the flexis out with it then should be able to use a small spanner to get the flexi shiffted and it should just unscrew by hand. But thats me I am sure someone will be along soon with a quicker and simpler solution!
too late!

Last edited:
I'm sure they should only be hand tight, given that most of them now have double 'O' ring seals. The last resort, as JCPlumb suggests is to cut them off and try and undo them with some long nose pliers...

Last edited:
I'm sure they should only be hand tight, given that most of them now have double 'O' ring seals. The last resort, as JCPlumb suggests is to cut them off and try and undo them with some long nose pliers...
if you cut them off you should be able then to use a box spanner to remove them.

Not with tap tails, but sometimes, just for the hell of it, i like to rump things right up and say "i'd hate to be the cxxx who has to take that one off :lol:

Hi,
I too have come across this problem and found a novel approach : bicycle spanners! They are very flat and fit easily into the confined space. Of course, these won't work if the tail heads are recessed into the body of the tap (who "designs" them this way anyway??).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Spanner for monoblock flexis in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock