Search the forum,

Discuss Speeding camera flashed, do I need to be worried in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
So I was driving out of the city minding my own business, with cars in front and behind me (I drive really slow) when a stupid yellow box flashed in front of me. I was doing at best 35 and I knew it was a 40 limit.

I saw a 40 sign straight after so what was the flash all about? Was it for me or other cars around me?

I'm worried I will come home to a brown envolope in 2 weeks.

nah, dodgy camera.
they do a yards travelled calculation, they probably dismiss oyur due to the trailing cobwebs on the back bumper.lol

:D naa you will be fine

I drive at 40 on a 60mph bypass, I drive like an old lady.

How can I be done for speeding, I drive slow to save wear and tear on my gearbox and brakes. Yes I'm that tight.

I wont lie, I usually do 10+ and slow right down to -10 for speed cameras I don't trust them, but if you know you where doing less than the speedlimit you'll be fine, don't forget your speedo is out by X amount

I drive at 40 on a 60mph bypass, I drive like an old lady.

How can I be done for speeding, I drive slow to save wear and tear on my gearbox and brakes. Yes I'm that tight.

I hate people like you! You should be banned from public roads if you are doing 40 in a 60 limit if roads aren't congested. :smile:
Drive near the speed limit where safe to do so to make proper progress and you shouldn't be using brakes much if you are aware of what's ahead and at correct speed.
(And before anyone asks, - I drive terrible sometimes and I wear my brakes too much. )

Last edited:
I got done last year doing 61 on the a9 in Scotland which is a 60 mph for cars but I was unaware that a van such as mine, Primastar, are only allowed to do 50mph on A roads even if 60 for a car

I got done last year doing 61 on the a9 in Scotland which is a 60 mph for cars but I was unaware that a van such as mine, Primastar, are only allowed to do 50mph on A roads even if 60 for a car

Its true its a fact not alot know about , bloody stupid one though .

because its a goods vehicle! put a window in it and becomes a motor home 6omph!

You can have a long wait, mate of mine got caught in February and only received notice a few weeks ago!

50 single lane, 60 dual carriageway & 70 motorways

That's not for vans is it!
sorry pressed done instead of space bar.
i got stopped on the M60 in a transit last year, for doing 63 no problem, it was a white unlettered van, so just a let you know sort of stop, he said 60 on motorway, didn't matter just go on your way, just checked now and it is 70 on motorways, glad I didn't realise then, I would have argued the toss and probably got a ticket for something else.

Last edited:
All very confusing. It is about time it was properly clarified by the law.
It would be a good idea for every goods vehicle to have the speed limits specific to that vehicle supplied with stickers to be permanently put inside the van.
I thought Motorways can be 60 limit for certain weights

This is the correct speeds but it's crazy. I went up again this year making sure I was doing 50 and had coaches , wagons etc sat on my derrière as its a long straight road that you could comfortably do 70 no problem. Vans now have braking and safety features comparable with cars, so it's about time it was changed.

This is the correct speeds but it's crazy. I went up again this year making sure I was doing 50 and had coaches , wagons etc sat on my derrière as its a long straight road that you could comfortably do 70 no problem. Vans now have braking and safety features comparable with cars, so it's about time it was changed.

that is fine if the van is empty, then add 1/2 a ton of kit and your braking aint going to be much cop, so just coz it drives like a car empty and you have all the bells n whistles doesnt make it a car when its full up.

So I was driving out of the city minding my own business, with cars in front and behind me (I drive really slow) when a stupid yellow box flashed in front of me. I was doing at best 35 and I knew it was a 40 limit.

I saw a 40 sign straight after so what was the flash all about? Was it for me or other cars around me?

I'm worried I will come home to a brown envolope in 2 weeks.

If its flashed in front of you then no problem, Its when it flashes after you have passed it when you need to worry, I take it was on your side of the road ?

You can have a long wait, mate of mine got caught in February and only received notice a few weeks ago!

They have to serve you notice in a set period, otherwise you cannot be reasonably expected to remember who was driving.

If its flashed in front of you then no problem, Its when it flashes after you have passed it when you need to worry, I take it was on your side of the road ?

They can face either way and be rotated just to keep you on your toes.

It was my understanding that the flash was not allowed to go off in your face ,for safety reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Speeding camera flashed, do I need to be worried in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock