Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss strap on boss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Are there any strap on boss' on the market that don't wrap around the pipe? I have to tap an 1 1/4 waste into a 4 inch plastic stack, but the stack is wedged into a corner so impossible to get anything around the back of it. So the only ones I have ever used wont be possible.

Not used the 2 piece glue on type for years, still got the clamps in the garage

Get a normal strap on one, cut the strap off in the way leaving as much as possible. Fit as usual making sure the surfaces are clean dry and roughed a bit. use lots of solvent, lean something against it till it sets and dont let water go down the pipe foe a few hours. if you are unsure and it wont be seen you could put a couple of short self tapping screws in or fish a cable tie round the back?

We used to use gap filling cement rather than glue, it was grey in colour and melted the pipe and boss together never had a problem with them (apart from trying to take them off haha)

We used to use gap filling cement rather than glue, it was grey in colour and melted the pipe and boss together never had a problem with them (apart from trying to take them off haha)

That's what solvent weld does?

just did a search on strap ons and got some interesting results, especially off net mums!!!!!!! I must have been through a sheltered life :) Only wanted a glued boss as discussed !!

Lol lame just did the search with netmums !wtf man !? The next time I hear a woman going on about netmums I'll be thinking you dirty gertie I know what you're going on there for!

The main issues with strap on bosses comes from not cleaning the areas before gluing. Use a cleaner and if there anything other than a good contact use gap filling cement as Kirk suggested.

Gap filler is handy when you loose your holesaw and have to cut a hole in the pipe with a hammer and screwdriver :wink:

Lol lame just did the search with netmums !wtf man !? The next time I hear a woman going on about netmums I'll be thinking you dirty gertie I know what you're going on there for!

and I'll bet , especially if you here a tube squirting sort of noise, youll never bend over in front of the missus again in the dark :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to strap on boss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock