Search the forum,

Discuss Stuart Turner pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm looking for views from someone who has fitted a Stuart Turner flomate mains booster pump.

A combi was fitted in place of a gravity hot water bbu without checking the incoming main. The fitters suddenly realised when they came to commission that they couldn't because the pressure and flow weren't high enough. Has anybody fitted one of these pumps and do they work? I've been told by managers in the company I work for who know nothing about plumbing and heating and don't like listening to people on less money than themselves that there's nothing that can be done other than a new main. I've seen these pumps but never actually fitted one myself or talked to someone who has fitted one. Are they any good and do they work?

depends what the cause of the lower flow rate and pressure are you sure the main road stop tap is open fully and whats the main incoming made out of if lead replace if you can

Water board are insisting the issue is in the grounds of the property as they have checked their end and everything is more than sufficient. Tap is fully open and the incoming main is black alkathene. Only problem is the people I work for have a very unique way of working and the house now has to go a week at least for this to be resolved. A pump would be a quick fix that could be done tomorrow morning.

Water board are insisting the issue is in the grounds of the property as they have checked their end and everything is more than sufficient. Tap is fully open and the incoming main is black alkathene. Only problem is the people I work for have a very unique way of working and the house now has to go a week at least for this to be resolved. A pump would be a quick fix that could be done tomorrow morning.

if its black alk i dont think your issue is with the alk unless you live in a hard water area

so there isnt enough pressure or enough flow, how will sticking a pump on increase the amount of water available that isnt there already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stuart Turner pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock