Search the forum,

Discuss sunvic motorised valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hey chaps, I am in need of some help. I have the above motorised valves on a system and cannot figure out or find out any where what the wires are. It has yellow, white, orange and blue and green and yellow. No grey on it. So which will need to be wired into the live in the wiring centre? Also, these valves have no manual lever on them. All wired into a Randall wiring centre.

Cheers for the help in advance guys

Hey chaps, I am in need of some help. I have the above motorised valves on a system and cannot figure out or find out any where what the wires are. It has yellow, white, orange and blue and green and yellow. No grey on it. So which will need to be wired into the live in the wiring centre?
Sunvic valves, including MoMo types, normally use exactly the same wire colours as other makes. Could the cable have been changed?

I assume they are zone valves, not mid-position. If so, it should be possible to work out which pair are for the motor (blue and ??), which leaves the other pair for the auxiliary switch. A multimeter would help.

They are definitely the correct colour wires. They're in my honeywell book. But, it says to isolate the white wires and nothing about a permanent live. So am stumped

I hate them personaly and tend to swap them back to honeywells if possible, wiring isnt an issue normally though.

If there MoMo valves, you need live to open, live to shut? I.e link yellow to cyl stat calling and white to cyl stat satisfied? That's what I understood from wiring diagrams above?

they are absolute garbage Mutley, there should be a Perm Live grey

2 port - 4 wires blue. grey.brown.orange
3 port - 4 wires, grey orange, white .blue

Wow that diagram boggles me. I am only just getting to grips with normal 2 port and 3 port wiring. What the heck is that relay all about. 3 wires from cylinder stat, 3 4 from room stat and how many from programmer. Think it would be easier to just lose money and buy a couple of new valves and room stat:(

mutley races i do i am off this week so am just gutting the house the garage and clearing all the stuff out

When you say link white and yellow with cylinder stat, do you mean as in using a honeywell wiring centre?

If I would have had a bit of time I would have tried to figure it out, but it was easier and quicker I believe to just stick with what I know. I did bring the old wiring centre home with me to have a look though:stuart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sunvic motorised valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring return type valves. I saw an advert from the Hearken company who either make these or buy them in. The only problem they are BSP threads so adaptors are...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted previously) on an existing Y plan system. Existing timer was a Randall 103 (no hot water off position as its a timer not a programmer). The customer wanted...
Replies
Views
So, I went to this job yesterday to change over a faulty motorised valve on the hot water side of an unvented system. I drained the system, wired the new one up and fitted the new valve, this system is fed from a communal boiler in the building which might be part of the reason for the issue I...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock