Search the forum,

Discuss Super quick question re Flexi & push in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Swapping over my kitchen tap, thought would be straight swap but not the case.

Old tap = 15mm copper into pvc/push fitting
New tap = European size Flexi hose into pvc/push fitting.

Now I have the European to 15mm adapter but there is no threaded insert in the pvc for it to grip into.

Am I right in thinking tap tail adapters are what I need here?
20210627_174448.jpg
20210627_174453.jpg

Piece of 15mm tube tighten onto the compression fitting then insert into pushfit

You could either:
1. Get two short lengths of 15 mm copper pipe. One end into the compression end of your adapter, the other into the push fit connectors. No insert needed if using copper.
2. Swap the adapters for Screwfix 6089R. Threaded end screwed onto your flexis, plain end into the push fit connectors.

I don’t think the plain shank is long enough to go into the speedfit fitting? Better off using a short length of pipe and the Male Iron fittings you have already bought.

Well done.
Yes it’s surprising how much goes into push fit fittings; 28-32mm depending on make.
You're spot on, the tail didn't get anywhere near close enough. Now the wife insists I do something to cover up the big hole but have convinced her for now it makes sense to leave open for a while until we are wholly comfortable it's a good/watertight connection.

Well done and thank you the update, makes giving advice worth while.
Totally with you. I am on this and Electricians and Plasterers forum. I find it so infuriating when people use the generous and free advice and then don't have the decency to either follow up to thank members but also to provide a source of information for others that will at some stage come across the same issue.

Reply to Super quick question re Flexi & push in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current tap is connected with copper down to plastic pipes. I've attached photos below of what's there now and what the new flexi tails look like (is that a...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the manufacturers - the nearest equivalent is apparently this one: GoodHome Lazu 1 lever Mini Contemporary Basin Mono mixer Tap | DIY at B&Q -...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I need to order a flexible pipe to connect this vessel up with. The pressure vessel instructions don't mention the thread size? A 22mm pipe almost fits over the threads so I assume it's 3/4 BSP? Does that sound right? The other end goes to the valve, will a flexi like this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock