Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Superfire with primus gas. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

midlands based

Anyone use a rothenberger gun with primus gas. Im thinking of getting an adaptor as ive got loads of primus bottles knocking about so just wondered if performance was the same.

I have no problems with it. Specially if you have bottles. Be daft not to

Much increased performance as a spare hammer
ha ha,i use primus on a sf2 simply because i keep the head and 3 bottles in a old .50 calibre box,disconnect a primus bottle they dont leak,disconnect a mapp or roth bottle thy leak constantly

I use both. Got a surefire 2 with primus bottle using the adapter and a Sievert with primus bottle. Personally prefer the Sievert but surefire is sound too.

I have the Sievert with a primus bottle. When I first fire it up it is great but by the time I move it across to the fitting it is like a glorified lighter! It still does the fittings ok and have never had a leak with it yet but it is infuriatingly slow at times. I have had it stripped down several times but it makes no difference. The only time it has worked as it should was when I took it back to where I got it from. The guy there switched it on and then was able to move it around for a couple of minutes all the while with a full power flame. I took it back and the first time I tried to use it on a job it just went back to the low flame.
I would sling it but at the price of replacing it and the fact that it still works means that I will just hang on to it.
I had the sure fire one previously but after a couple of days I accidentally bumped against it and it broke in two!

I have been using my primus bottles with my sf2 for years cheapest and best.

I use sf2 but going to invest in one of the brass fine tip manual jobs that somebody on here recommended for my spare primus bottles

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Superfire with primus gas. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock