Discuss Tap wrench in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MMdesigns

Hello
I am currently studying Product design at university and have chosen to design a tap wrench for my final year design as many of my friends (who are plumbers) constantly moan about how annoying tap nuts are and how the crow foot wrenches are useless.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me some feedback about what they find wrong with existing wrench designs. I would also like to know if people have the same problems with the bearhug or jaw dropper designs ?

any comments are welcome

thank you
Matt Mannion

no problems with mine, any improvement would be to make them lighter!!

go go gadget basin wrench mine is great had it from my apprentship, dont really like using anyone elses, my be put a light on it and a flow gauge so you could balance the hots and colds to the correct flow requirments, rachet mode would be hand too! :):D:)

Usually the head works are to big to get into all washbasins or the fixed jaws don't fit the back nut. Also few go down far enough or open up far enough for many washbasin monobloc mixers.

may be put a light on it

Nice idea

Usually the head works are to big to get into all washbasins or the fixed jaws don't fit the back nut. Also few go down far enough or open up far enough for many washbasin monobloc mixers.

this is the problem i am trying to solve and i think a couple of my concepts may do just that. i am looking into making it adjustable because the influx of forigen tradesmen has meant there are hundreds of non standardised fittings now used in the uk.

thanks for your help , any suggestions are welcome

Good idea. As a woman with small hands and not the greatest grip strength some sort of ergonomic handle would be good. If nothing else find a way to slim the jaw and get a light on it and I'll trial your prototype!:D

an ergonomic handle is in my design spec

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
YOu could contact Tool manufacturers, that way you might get a prototype made and understand the costings in manufacturing such a tool.
YOu could try monument tools, they have a link on their website to allow you to contact them about your ideas, they will also then get the tool into circulation and help you to sell it.

since the average age of plumbers is increasing its about time some one put a light into levels im often struggling to see mine in darkish corners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap wrench in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello I am currently studying Product design at university and have chosen to design a tap wrench for my final year design as many of my friends...
Replies
Views
MMdesigns
M
M
Hello I am currently studying Product design at university and have chosen to design a tap wrench for my final year design. After aproaching some...
Replies
Views
Plouasne
P
S
Hi I'm just a DIY'er popping over from the tiler forum. I've got problem trying to fit a basin mixer monoblock type tap. The tap is connected by...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
C
We purchased a Delta Pilar Touch2O faucet and brought it into the UK to use in our new kitchen here. Our plumber told us that he would be able to...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
J
Hi, I have a a shower/mier tap set which I bought from Homebase and had fitted by a plumber about 2 years ago (Chrome Victorian Bath/Shower...
Replies
Views
ajs heating
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock