Discuss The correct order in which to place seals? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a shower tray waste I'm putting together. Unfortunately the waste came with no instructions as to which seal goes where and as my first attempt resulted in a leak I thought I would get some professional advice ;).

A is the drain slot in the shower tray.
B is a rubber seal with grooves
C is a smooth rubber seal
D is the top of the waste that screws into the bottom part (E). E also has a grooved seal built into it.

Could anyone tell me the correct order in which the seals should be mounted and if sealant should be used anywhere?

Thanks,

Mark

1.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

c on e

b ontop of a

d through all of the above into e

Reply to The correct order in which to place seals? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have have purchased 3 Mermaid wall panels to replace the tiles in our shower. These panels are 3mm in thickness. After removing the existing...
Replies
Views
I've had a new shower cubicle done and the fitter has installed the wall profiles the wrong way around so the screws are on the outside (pic...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock