Search the forum,

Discuss The ultimate Intergas virgin freebie boiler thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a waste of a perfectly good hint ...
Thought about it, but it'd be a waste though, wouldn't it?

Hasn't the winner already been decided? It's just the losers that are being revealed very slowly

So let's talk about Intergas for a moment.

Is the "only four moving parts" thing meaningful to you? If so, why?

Less parts to go wrong simple as that boilers do a lot of work and anything with mechanical parts eventually break down so less means less stress surely

Less to go wrong but I'd like another boiler option to recommend

Hasn't the winner already been decided? It's just the losers that are being revealed very slowly

And you didn't even consider the possibility that the merchant was less than honest! Aw, bless! :)

Less complicated to repair with only four moving parts, also should be a lot less spare parts to carry around meaning hopefully a near first call out fix.

You two must throw great parties?? You with odd drinks and the missus with the a la carte menu haha.

It was my sons christening on Sunday. Buffet for 40. It cost me a kidney, I had to buy it all in. Caterers brought it to the house in the morning. I ate like a king!

Blimey, that pesky charge is draining again.

I had better crack on?

Anz, Hammers, Riley, CH4, are you watching?

As an outsider how many moving parts in other boilers and apart from fan & water pump what are they? (please)

Not really meaningful just marketing c@rp. 4 moving parts
Intergas:
*fan
*gasvalve
*pump
*flowswitch
Most other combi's:
Only have a diverter valve in addition to that.

My most regular repair on combis is exp vessels and prv's followed by fans on pre high efficiency boilers. Rarely gas valves, Or fans in modern boilers but then they have not been in service for 15+ years yet so I'm sure they will start going eventually.

I serviced an intergas about a week ago and I am not swayed yet. I just don't like aluminium heat exchangers.
Or swathes of plastic on boiler cases. But the lack of a diverted valve is a benefit and more so the large bore copper Heat exchanger path ways.
Simple to clean once you get the 15 or so burner door nuts off.

I serviced an intergas about a week ago and I am not swayed yet. I just don't like aluminium heat exchangers.
Or swathes of plastic on boiler cases. But the lack of a diverted valve is a benefit and more so the large bore copper Heat exchanger path ways.
Simple to clean once you get the 15 or so burner door nuts off.

Lack of a diverter always a benefit pesky darn things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The ultimate Intergas virgin freebie boiler thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock