Discuss Thermal store Which one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul1801

Hi all,
Im looking at starting a self build next year and Im thinking of the following spec for the heating and hot water,

The house will be two and a half storey,

ground floor will all have wet underfloor heating, a wood burning stove in the living room (probably only used in winter) with a back boiler, rated at maybe 5kw space heating and 10kw hot water.

Radiators to both second and third floors.

Main boiler will be gas.

I have read lots on thermal stores so I know the above can be linked, my question is does anyone have any experience of using these?

What is the cost of buying one (some on heatweb + accessories seem to work out at about £4000) !!

The water pressure will be about 24 l/m so Im not too interested in flow rates above this.

any help appreciated

thanks

P

I have fitted both the Newark copper cylinders thermal store and also McDonald Engineers thermal store, there is not a lot to choose between the two. I prefer both over Gledhill

I fitted an albion last year and that was a pretty good one .

I fitted an albion last year and that was a pretty good one .
Albion Mainsflow? I think it is a very expensive grade 3 cylinder, with a microbore coil. The coil is soft copper, so if the PRV fails, coil ruptures, hot water out of overflow (often plastic!) & whole tank is scrap. Direct type gathers sludge & cylinder base rots through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermal store Which one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock