Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Thermal store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

Hi all,

I have a customer that has called complaining of very little hot water (prob enough for 1 shower only) they have a telford tristar thermal store - any initial thoughts spring to mind as to problem?

Boiler heats DHW for approx 2 hrs before use.

Cheers

Neal

If the hot water runs out I'd say check immersion and stat. should be set to 80-85

yeah. the blending valve stops it from getting too hot at the taps. check on the side of the store, they usually say on them. but if your still unsure the give the manufacturers a call.

I set all my custards as high as poss to give most amount of hot water. Blending valve will stop them getting burnt

Ok so bit of an update, set stat to 85 degrees and although the water temp if fine, the amount of water produced is very poor - possibly scaled up cylinder? Its about 14yrs old. appreciate thoughts, cheers

failing blending valve?
cheers for this, not a bad idea - however i'm thinking that if the blending valve was on its way out it would be more of a temp issue rather than an amount of hot water issue - I may be wrong but I will def check it.

My money on valve also.
yhuza7yj.jpg

thanks for this everyone. I'll get the blending valve wipped out and replace if required; ive also read that the coil is prone to scaling and could require flushing with chemicals? Never flushed a DHW coil on a store before is it a simple job? Any tips that you can throw my way?

Thanks again everyone.

I bet it's the blending valve. Check that first, then worry about the coil.

cheers for this guys but just for my own knowledge can you tell me how this would affect the amount of hot water produced as the customer is happy with the temp albeit for 1 showers worth

Well the user is mixing the ho****er with the incoming cold. So in colder weather the ho****er won't stretch as far, as you will need a higher hot to cold ratio to maintain the normal shower temp'.

Therefore they may just be a victim of the weather.

Im not saying any more, give the op an answer that dp etc reciprocate and who gets all the thanks?:bigcry:

Morning all,

Well new blending valve installed and get a call this morning still got the same problem - where do I go from here? Ideas appreciated. cheers all.

try removing the blending valve and see what sort of flow you're getting through the coil - then you'll know if it's blocked or not.

Could it be the shower malfunctioning? Try another outlet, non-mixer hot tap, and see if you get a reasonable amount of hot water out before it starts to run cooler.

Could it be the shower malfunctioning? Try another outlet, non-mixer hot tap, and see if you get a reasonable amount of hot water out before it starts to run cooler.

Hi Steady on, thats the first thing I tried and its the same across all hot water draw off, mixers and non mixers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermal store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock