Discuss To seperater vent pipes in the one cold water cistern in the loft. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a old farm house today there heating and hot water is open vented. I had a look inside there loft and I noticed the feed and expansion cistern was redundant and beside it is a larger cold water cistern with two vent pipes going into it.
Wouldn't the central heating water contaminated the hot water? Inless it is a prematic cylinder?
Can someone give me advise to why this has happened?

One vent could be redundant...

If the heating is now sealed then it won't have a vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to To seperater vent pipes in the one cold water cistern in the loft. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock