Discuss TRV RT212 Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevedonovan

I have just taken on a house with RT212 TVR's fitted. They all work except one.
I have tried bleeding the rad but it is still cold.
I have tried removing the TRV top in order to try and release the pin. However, the pin seems to be raised (out) and with pliers I cannot move the pin in or out.
I checked with another TRV valve that is working and that seemed the same i.e I could not move it in or out.
Thus replacing the TRV does not seem to be the solution as both non-working and working valves seem to be in the same state.
Have you any ideas as I am now at a loss on what to do?
Thanks for your help.
Steve

get a shifting spanner about 12 inches long hold the head and use the handle to tap hard on the valve body avoiding the threads for the head ,with luck the jumper will lift best done with the heating on as youll feel the heat come through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV RT212 Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Rad is leaking from TRV valve, seems to be seeping out of where the pin comes up. I tried tightening up the nut below the pin, but that didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to fit a Hive Radiator valve into my existing TRV valve body to make them automatic so have bought a Hive valve to try it out. I...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock