Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Un notified boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikewt

Gas Engineer
Jus went to a boiler fitted nine months ago which had an air pressure switch fault. Anyway after talkin to the customer it turns out the guy who fitted it didnt register it for whatever reason. Got me thinkin maybe the customer fone it themselfs. Where do i stand. Do i have to tell gas safe even if it fitted ok?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

You have no responsibility over who fitted it. Aslong as it's safe.

You can't prove he was unregistered etc

I'd just do what is asked of me and go home

Registration only really affects his warranty. During your inspection if it is up to standard happy days, if not do the necessary warning paperwork and quote to put right.

I've seen plenty .. I do work for a landlord who uses, I haven't got a clue, to replace the boilers I tell him are beyond repair! I'm too expensive, apparently! Anyhoo's, did the CP12's on two this year and neither of them had r/stats or trv's fitted! Building regs contravened! However I look after a lot of properties of his. Will I shop him to the authorities and risk loosing 20% of my income? You must be kiddin! I have made him aware however that whoever it is needs to get his act together! :)

Long gone are the days when i thought I was a Gas Policeman!!! :)

As has already been said, just quote to put right anything that is wrong.

If you get Gas Safe involved they will want you to meet them on site to investigate, all in your own time & free of charge !

I wouldn't bother, done it once & all I got was a wasted 1/2 day & later an e-mail from Corgi (as it was then) to say that "on this occasion there is nothing further we can do" & that was when the name & address of the un-registered installer was known !

I would not bother ,I tried reporting someone who was not registered but had their van sign written , bloody hell they wanted me to put it in writing blah blah blah ,What a joke ,never again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Un notified boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
D
we had a grant condensing boiler fitted last year, the lad works for a heating company and said would fit it. when he did he put the pipes all...
Replies
Views
Was at a house today and their new oil boiler was installed in a pretty shoddy fashion. Aka Plastic tiger loop screwed to the boiler casing...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm still getting used to oil after converting from wood pellets. I'm fairly happy with it's operation, but slightly adjusting temperatures...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock