Discuss Un-sleeved gas pipe, landlord saftey check. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
thing is the appliance in question is the gas meter so your turning off the gas meter ?

The main point here is the fact of the location, because it's in meter box there is unregulated gas pressure (up to 75mb) which could potentially have a much higher leakage rate. Also no dilution with air will take place in a meter box. The key point is that prevention should be in place to stop that entering the building in the result of a leak. Ie the sealing in this instance is more important than the sleeve providing no deteriation of pipework.

As it stands its AR and turn off. Sealing it would lead it to be non compliant and advise customer regarding sleeve.

If it wasn't in a meter box it would just be non compliant regardless of sleeve or seal.

Hope this helps!

The main point here is the fact of the location, because it's in meter box there is unregulated gas pressure (up to 75mb) which could potentially have a much higher leakage rate. Also no dilution with air will take place in a meter box. The key point is that prevention should be in place to stop that entering the building in the result of a leak. Ie the sealing in this instance is more important than the sleeve providing no deteriation of pipework.

As it stands its AR and turn off. Sealing it would lead it to be non compliant and advise customer regarding sleeve.

If it wasn't in a meter box it would just be non compliant regardless of sleeve or seal.

Hope this helps!
The point about the meter box is the point I was making and the reason I was asking which gas pipe. But thanks for the support. ;);)

Nah, ID capped , AR turned off , with the owners permission of course .
If owner disagrees with AR turning off, do I need to fill out a form and attach a label and what should I do then if they don’t let me turning the appliance off when having AR ?

When having ID i will cap the meter or the appliance with customers permission, issuing a form and label it. If customers doesn’t want me I would need to call transco don’t I ?

I just want to be sure as I never done that but perhaps one day I come across something like this.

Thanks

@Matchless.plumb I cannot go through all this again mate:p:p. Really sorry. But the short version is if customer refuses either an isolation (AR) or disconnect (ID) (a cap off is not a disconnect which is needed for an ID) you call CADENT not Transco. Hope this makes sense if not I will type it all again and try to word it better;);)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Un-sleeved gas pipe, landlord saftey check. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
i am a landlord and have had great advice here. I am using a new gas engineer/plumber who tells me Water Quality testing is now a compulsory part...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, These sleeves cover 10mm PVC central heating pipes (see picture and ignore tape measure) and I believe this is what makes it possible...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock