Discuss Un-vented installs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris watkins

Esteemed
Plumber
Hi All
Have you any idea's why it is that 75% + of all the un-vented hot water installs I go to, are incorrect & do not meet Part G Building reg's (& I have seen a lot in my time) don't get me wrong some are silly things like discharge pipes too long or running up hill but others are down right dangerous. Why is it so difficult to get these right ?????

and how the B***hell do Building Control or NHBS sign them off ??????

Building Control haven't got the faintest idea about how they should be installed. They just assume the installer knows what they are doing. They don't even check the installer has a ticket most of the time. Until the unvented equivalent of Ronan Point happens it will stay the same.

i have a question about a unvented install can you install the 3 bar prv on the incoming mains and at the cylinder just a stopcock and check valve with a safety valve and fo away with the prv at the cylinder.

As long as there are no valves between the cylinder and the expansion relief valve it can be done. As long as you can separate the combination valve into the correct components. It's just as easy to fit a separate PRV on the incoming main though. They're not a lot of money and saves any confusion in future.

Like everything else, combination of laziness, ignorance and stupidity. No excuse for any of it.
Building control or NHBC only see the new build stuff and they seem to know or care very little about them.

How are the discharge pipes to long??
Incorrectly sized for the run length.

i have a question about a unvented install can you install the 3 bar prv on the incoming mains and at the cylinder just a stopcock and check valve with a safety valve and fo away with the prv at the cylinder.

Where are you going to balance the cold

thats great. cant break the combination valve down but will install a prv on the incoming main and then at the cylinder a valve arrangement in order valve, check valve, pressure relief valve, expansion vessel then to cylinder

if i install a prv on the incoming main into the house all supplies will be 3 bar no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Un-vented installs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock