Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss unvented megaflo leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheDrip

I visited a customer yesterday afternoon as her megaflo leaking, slow dripping water from the base onto the base support. After checking usual spots I noticed water under the red plastic cover on the outlet, prised a section of to get a better look and found a nice "pond" around the hot outlet pipe. The water appears to be coming from the base of the connection, the compression nut and thread are dry, and running down between the outer cover and insulation. Built pressure back up and water reappeared. I tried to contact Megaflo help line but they only work mon - fri. Has anyone any help to solve this problem? The system, I discovered, was fitted by ex husbands brother, a non-competent person so the warranty will be null and void.

Do you mean it's leaking from the compression connection or from where the pipe is welded to the cylinder ?

It appears to be where the pipe is welded to the cylinder. The compression nut on the outlet pipe is tight and does not appear to be leaking. Is there another connection between the outlet compression nut on the pipe and the actual cylinder. Difficult to see through the insulation.

Ouch ! - Sounds like new cylinder time then. If ex husbands brother wasn't qualified, and it hasn't been serviced each year then they've got no chance of getting it replaced under guarantee.

Thanks BLOD. You have confirmed my suspicions new cylinder required. I will double check by removing insulation from around outlet pipe. No harm as its out of warranty. Thanks again.

New cylinder time, and while you are there replacing it you can take great plesure in rubbing in the fact that there cheapness at "getting a mate" in to do it has cost them the price of TWO Megaflo cylinders

do you know what mk megaflo this is because if mk 6 or newer has 25 yr warrenty

would it not be void as a diy fit?

DIY fit then no warranty, Unless the ex brother-in-law was a ticket holding plumber with enough nonce to log it with BC and fill the warranty card in. I find this thought quite ammusing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to unvented megaflo leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, I hope someone can help me. This morning we noticed water leaking under the hot water cylinder in hotpress room. On closer inspection...
Replies
Views
Hi, We recently had the pressure tank replaced in our system as the old one started leaking. Since the replacement, I've seen two problems. The...
Replies
Views
Problem: No hot water from unvented cylinder, although central heating works fine. Hi All - apologies for the lengthy post but I'm keen to get...
Replies
Views
K
Hi all, Ready for War and Peace ? Hope you are all sitting comfortably, so let me begin...p.s. I am not a plumber, I work in IT so sorry if...
Replies
Views
S
i hope someone can give me an advise on the issue that I'm currently facing, my property is a new build and its just 3 years old, the house came...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock