Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Very old & knackered TRV needs replacing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to replace a failed TRV on a radiator that has 8mm microbore copper piping. The radiator/TRV/piping are all original and have been in place for approx 30 years.

I know that I’ll need a 15mm-8mm reducer as all modern TRV’s have 15mm connectors (is that right?).

However I’m unsure what type of 15mm-8mm reducer to use in conjunction with the new TRV; there seems to be 2 types...............

One type has an 8mm compression fitting with a 15mm tail; the whole thing appears to be about 75mm in legth. The other type calls itself , quote “TOWEL RAIL RADIATOR VALVE INTERNAL INSET REDUCER MICROBORE PIPE 8mm”

Which will I need???

I’ve changed one of these TRVs about 10 years ago but that was in conjunction with moving the radiator to another wall and adding new pipework, which was increased to 10mm.

I also recall having to remove the internal connection from the radiator itself so that it would accommodate the new TRV fitting/size etc.

It’s so long ago I’m a little uncertain of what details the job entails. Anyone care to enlighten me please.

Also, are these TRVs any good;

“Plumb-Pak Thermostatic Radiator Valve 15mm - Elegance Model”

That’s the description on Amazon; £7.88 each. Sorry I can’t post a link as new members aren’t allowed to.

All replies gratefully received. Thank you in advance.

the price will let you know how good they are and they are really cheap. easiest way is to use 8mm/15mm ef reducer and a normal 15mm trv by honeywell or the like.

Get one of these. ( but not from this site)
it comes with 15,10 & 8mm connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very old & knackered TRV needs replacing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock