Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Very worried about inspection.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

benfisher

Short story, did a service at the end of last year, although the boiler was very very old all the safety devices worked and seals were intact.
Since then the heat exchanger has sprung a leak, customer contacted me to come and have a look but i passed it on to another guy as i was stuck on another job.
That engineer took the case off and condemned the boiler as were the boiler had been leaking it's caused corrosion on the case and damaged the case seals.

Now i'm papping myself because the customer has call in GS to do and inspection, Like i said at the time of servicing all was ok, very old but ok, really worried about what they are going to say and got it it to head they will revoke my gas safe registration.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? what do you think may happen?

B.

Agree with Tamz. Not something that's down to you at all. But if you put the address up I'll drop a card through the door! :yes:

Too often with customers there mislaid like they are on a car mot , they think just because it's serviced or tested it's now guaranteed to last a year. Don't panic if gas safe vet in touch with a date make an effort and go Not that I suspect they will

GSR have sent a letter saying they going to do an inspection in the next 2 weeks but the customer doesn't want me there, odd! wondering if the other guy spun them a few yarns in order to snag a boiler change. Probably worrying over nothing, anyhoo just have to see what happens.

B.

I know these things can be worrying B,but don't as said,not a lot will become of it and your registration will no way be at stake,going by what you say

imho

As long as you have all relevant paperwork and your confident that all was ok then you should be fine, at the end of the day any thing can happen between the time you checked it and when it went wrong customer trying to find someones feet to lay the blame at

GSR have sent a letter saying they going to do an inspection in the next 2 weeks but the customer doesn't want me there, odd! wondering if the other guy spun them a few yarns in order to snag a boiler change. Probably worrying over nothing, anyhoo just have to see what happens.

B.
you have nothing to worry about,these guys are mean't to be there to help(debatable),

I wouldnt worry about it, a heat exchanger can leak at any time and you cant always see the signs that its going to leak. Just get your paperwork together for that job incase they ask to see it.

Cheers guys, i'll let you know what GS say on the matter once they've been round, i do tend to worry a bit (so the wife tells me).

I dont think you have anything to worry about. Most customers who request an inspection may tend to have a grudge of some sort, a experienced gas safe inspector will pick up on this.

you will be fine ben sounds like bloody mindedness on the custards part been there had 2 complaints against me in the past both were found to have no substance

ive had three ,all unfounded corgi inspector was very good on all three occasions
1 when we got there the boiler had been moved since my visit luckily you could see where it had been from the flue which had been made good
2 found an old ideal cast iron boiler with hardly any burner preasure removed a solid plug of boss white from the elbow and the women complained it was noisey after id touched it it had never worked anywhere near full gas before
3 women who realy didnt want to pay us all the money complained about door vents on a compartment door she didnt want them despite being told we were going to fit them if she had the boiler there

my 2
1, customer complained to corgi when i classed there RW fire and maxol dhw bbu as id, through no ventilation corgi agreed with me
2,fitted a ariston microgenus he a few years back in a pub they complained it was not safe as it had broken down twice,when ariston come out to fix it on visit 2 they asked the service engineer if the install was safe he said i dont comment either way this put doubt in there minds,corgi inspector commented on how well the system was fitted he was a really nice guy from swansea i never fitted another ariston after that there loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very worried about inspection.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock