Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Waste Accumulating After Flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TPWARD

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please give me some advice? I live in a rented property and previously had a toilet with a very weak flush, so we got the landlord to replace it as after going for a #2 we were having to flush around 8 times just to clear it.

Since then we have had a new toilet fitted but this is also having problems. It is as though the toilet keeps getting blocked. Eve when it seems to have cleared, the next time it is flushed the water in the pan fills to the top like it is blocked. I have then used the cleaning brush to try and pump it clear, but then loads of waste from say 12 hours earlier comes back up into the toilet, so having flushing it seems to block it and won't flush properly. It is not as though the waste is exessive either. It even happens with minimal paper by itself.

After having had the waste back up into the pan, I have been pouring large buckets of hot down it too and it goes down no problem. However, the same problems comes back again the next time.

Does anyone know what this could be? It is an absolute nightmare.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried a high fibre diet

Seriously tho..
What type of connector is on the back of the pan and does it go direct into the stack ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha...I was waiting for something like that...haha! I am afraid that I have absolutely no idea, as you can probably tell I'm not a plumber. I will try and take a photo.

I'm on my phone so can't upload an image but will do tomorrow. Cheers

theres a root ball blockage in the main drain outside enough to clear water through but not solids.
look for the tree or bush.
last one i found was just inside pan connector about 8'' in, it was three foot long when i pulled it out !!
could also be badly constructed waste pipe-run if not!

There is a restriction in the main drain run somewhere get the landlord to get a drain company in they can put a camera up the pipe to find the problem and clear it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste Accumulating After Flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock