Discuss Wastes through joists in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
one other problem if you drill tight holes will be noise from expansion. I would advise against it unless it just through one or two joist's at the 25 to 40% drill zone.

how about a pump?

is it combined wastewater and sewerage? if so it doesn't necessarily need to join the stack it could run between the joists and join a downpipe for rainwater. worth checking out.....

is it combined wastewater and sewerage? if so it doesn't necessarily need to join the stack it could run between the joists and join a downpipe for rainwater. worth checking out.....

Got to be careful with this - not all rain water pipes go to a combined drain (and on modern houses none do) - if it's surface water only, it's against regs.

i don't know what the property is which is why i said to check it out and not just blindly do it...

i don't know what the property is which is why i said to check it out and not just blindly do it...

Wasn't suggesting for a moment that you were advising that.

Just didn't want someone who doesn't know the building regs and might read this in the future to think that any connection to a RWP was ok.

Just realised that this thread is in the arms - so this type of thing probably isn't an issue - apologies.

Matt

Interesting thought.

How do you check this out?

lift the manhole covers, run the sink, flush the bog, put hose pipe down guttering and see where they all come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wastes through joists in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm currently doing the pre-planning for my next DIY project fitting a shower tray and enclosure from scratch. I'm confident of being able to...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Got a cracking deal on a stone resin shower tray but unfortunely it hits the joist slightly. The joist is around 3.25" wide and...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Installing 2 new bathrooms, property only had 1 bathroom and the waste went into a cast iron soil stack which has now been replaced. I...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, please see my attached diagrams One is the current layout And one is where I propose to add another boss to add a shower waste...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock