Discuss Wastes through joists in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
one other problem if you drill tight holes will be noise from expansion. I would advise against it unless it just through one or two joist's at the 25 to 40% drill zone.

how about a pump?

is it combined wastewater and sewerage? if so it doesn't necessarily need to join the stack it could run between the joists and join a downpipe for rainwater. worth checking out.....

is it combined wastewater and sewerage? if so it doesn't necessarily need to join the stack it could run between the joists and join a downpipe for rainwater. worth checking out.....

Got to be careful with this - not all rain water pipes go to a combined drain (and on modern houses none do) - if it's surface water only, it's against regs.

i don't know what the property is which is why i said to check it out and not just blindly do it...

i don't know what the property is which is why i said to check it out and not just blindly do it...

Wasn't suggesting for a moment that you were advising that.

Just didn't want someone who doesn't know the building regs and might read this in the future to think that any connection to a RWP was ok.

Just realised that this thread is in the arms - so this type of thing probably isn't an issue - apologies.

Matt

Interesting thought.

How do you check this out?

lift the manhole covers, run the sink, flush the bog, put hose pipe down guttering and see where they all come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wastes through joists in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock