Search the forum,

Discuss Weekend! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumben

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
So I hope your all having a good weekend,

Devils bridge Settle and Hawes for me tomorrow on the bike!

I am currently enjoying a Murphys after a nice bbq,d steak. Weekends are super.

Long story but in the end turns out after a compression loss test leaking through cylinder 4 through the exhaust valve and either piston or rings. Already spent 1500 inc new injectors trying to get to the bottom of it. Gutted. But seen a recon engine supplied and fitted at ÂŁ1600 so its better than forking out for a new van when mines on 60plate

Long story but in the end turns out after a compression loss test leaking through cylinder 4 through the exhaust valve and either piston or rings. Already spent 1500 inc new injectors trying to get to the bottom of it. Gutted. But seen a recon engine supplied and fitted at ÂŁ1600 so its better than forking out for a new van when mines on 60plate

what van you got?

Don't skimp on that Jules, get a recommendation. Or somewhere with a good review, pay once, not twice.

done plenty research leo but its either this or new van and a new van will cost a hell of a lot more. More cost effective to do it this way.

I one put a "new" crossflow in a cortina that burnt more oil than petrol but i set out for Blackpool the next day anyway.
Got pulled over on the M6 and the cheek bstd asked if i was running on coal. Gave me a ticket and a fiver bet i wouldn't make it.I did.
The cortina would have been towed to the crusher these days for that.

If it werent that, that i had spent up setting up other business i would have got a new van but needs must. Its not an ideal solution but sometimes you just gotta play with the cards your dealt with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its bad luck. Bought it last year full fsh 90000 on clock just went on me sometimes it happens. Ford 2.4 tdci engine generally a very good engine. Think faulty injectors prob contributed to engine failure as ecu over compensates on fuelling injectors when they start to go **** up. One day it just gave up no warning signs.

I had a vivaro i put 2 sets of injectors in. Next time it went i binned it.
@ ÂŁ200 a month will get you a brand new one. Feck that shyt fixing vans.
Get it running keep it for a bit to get some moneys worth then bin it.

I had a vivaro i put 2 sets of injectors in. Next time it went i binned it.
@ ÂŁ200 a month will get you a brand new one. Feck that shyt fixing vans.
Get it running keep it for a bit to get some moneys worth then bin it.

You had a French can let you down? Well I never!

My bro is a ford mechanic, there always putting new engines on those transits, he said the oil pump fails & destroys the engine! They were doing a big recall I think?

been building yet another horse house!! but I snuck off yesterday pm for a look at an S139, bit sporty, all shiny and very noisy. Even got a lift in it :)
13000066_1729474827265903_9064786663295697952_n.jpg

seems they wanted some dead weight, that doesn't panic who isnt afraid of heights, I was one of 4 that fitted the bill to a T. All down to the fact that coastguard are now civvies and not flying under miltary rules, so anyone likely to be lifted now has to do dry hoists first, have briefings before they can be lifted at sea, unless of course your boat has already sunk. The best thing, the lad after me couldnt get his seat belt done up, too much stomach :):):), he was soo much younger than me.

even the pilot in the helo managed to hook something, 5 times in one spot to be precise, but i was like hooking carp in a feeding frenzy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Weekend! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
B
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock